Thursday, March 11, 2010

Two good reasons to Pray

The day has been fairly uneventful. It started out with X not wanting to eat anything, and ended that way too. X had an MRI earlier in the day, besides being understandably irritated, and screaming bloody murder for 5 seconds, he got through it like a champ. The Radiologist had nothing but praises for him afterward, commenting that he stayed still better than 90% of the people they see.


X is bleeding a bit from his incision, it is 11pm and we are waiting to see a Dr. to make sure it is not serious, I am doubtful that it will be. The nurses have commented that he is so much more talkative this time as opposed to the last time, he even allows them to give him drinks, that was not allowed the first time. Now we wait, we wait and see what will happen, if anything. There are so many unanswered questions, and I am so fed up with it all, but handling it all in stride.

Prayer request would be that Gods will be done in X, whatever that is, and that he would eat tomorrow. He has dropped 2 medications in the last 48 hours, and is on lower levels of his other 2, I am expecting something to happen tonight since he began having his “aura” around 4 today. On a quick side note, X is still praying for a one legged man that we met a few days ago, asking that God would heal his broken leg, he gets teary eyed every time.

Since there is not much to type in regards to X, I would like to ask you to pray for a very close friend of mine. I always dub him as “The guy who showed me what it was like to be a fun “Christian”. His name is Eddie Roach. Quick history, I met him when I was in 10th grade and he was in 11th, at a church I didn’t want to be at. He asked me if I wanted to hang out after church and I said “Okay”, anything to stay out later. My dad was strict and reluctantly agreed to let Eddie drive me home. After hanging out for a bit Eddie wanted to show me where he went to drive like a madman and get “Air”. The place was fairly isolated and consisted of a stretch of road that had 3 dip/ramps along the way, it was a blast the first two times, but the third time was priceless. There was snow on the ground and Eddie being Eddie wanted to show off so he “Gave er hell”, and “hell” responded back in the way of losing control and driving 55mph through a cornfield only to get stuck about 10 feet from the road. No amount of pushing or praying would change the situation. I had a deadline, if I did not get home at that time it would literally be a DEADline for me. Eddie and I were forced to walk about a mile to the only place open, and only place period, “The Lariat” a strip club for mostly truckers. Eddie and I begged them to allow us to use the phone, and after much begging and explaining the reason for being a wet muddy mess, we were allowed one phone call. It was placed to my dad who came and not only pulled us out, but drove me home. I was sure that would be the last time I was allowed to “Hang out” with Eddie, after all that was during the time of Caller ID and he was none to thrilled about his troublemaking son calling from a strip club.

To my surprise, we were allowed to continue to hang out; I am not sure why, maybe my dad thought it was better than me getting into more serious trouble. Maybe it was because Eddie asked my dad for forgiveness right away and admitted fault, something my dad respected; whatever the reason God knew what he was doing, and we have been friends to this day.

I asked you to pray for Eddie because he contracted Malaria a little more than 2 weeks ago. Eddie is a missionary, he may not like that title, but he is. You see Eddie does what a lot of people do not do, he goes to countries that are in need of clean water and brings then water machines. Not only does he bring them water machines, but he loves on them, and if the opportunity arises he shares with them the love of Christ. I know that he is received well because before talking about the love of Christ as many people make the mistake of doing, Eddie gives it to them. It was on a trip like this, to Uganda, that Eddie was infected, and now he is fighting to be whole again.

I get updates from Eddies father, who gets them from another close friend of his, and I can tell you he has improved in ways that can only be described as “Godly”. I could tell you of countless stories that involve Eddie and this process, but I will leave you with only 1 that I only read today, and it is one that will show you the kind of man that he is. The reason I am going to share this with you, is to motivate you into prayer for someone you do not know, I hope you feel the urge and do so. While Eddie was receiving dialysis (for his kidneys) he called me and refused to go into any detail about his condition. The one thing Eddie wanted to talk about was Xander; he had visited with us back in September and knew what was going on. Eddie asked questions about X and what was going on, I answered them, but was only interested in knowing how he was, I was honestly thrilled and relieved to hear his voice. Our conversation ended in a very Eddie like manner, and that was that. I told Sarah that I had heard from him and that he sounded like he was doing so much better than we had heard.

Now as most of you know I was without a computer for a few weeks, and forgot to check my e-mail. I checked it today and discovered a bunch of new updates in regards to Eddie. I read them aloud and was taken back when I read one about our conversation. After hanging up Eddie told his mother he needed to send me a check for $1,000.00 his mother replied “I’m not sure you have $1,000.00. To which he replied “I’m not sure I have any checks”. The friend that is giving us updates then explained how that very day his mother told him that she was going to give her son $1,000.00 to give to Eddie. He went on to say that he knew Eddie was going to give it to Xander. Now he would be a fool to think that I would take that from him with all of the other people that could affect, or water machines that could buy, but that is the type of man Eddie is, incredible and inspirational. We both love Eddie so much, and like everyone that knows him, believe that he is destined for a soul changing moment, maybe this is it. At any rate, I would ask you to all pray for Eddie as you pray for our Xander, if Xander were awake right now I know that he would want you to.

Eddie has gone through some really heartbreaking trials in the last few years, I believe, along with countless others, that there is a reason for this happening. I ask you to pray not only for a physical healing, but a spiritual/soul healing as well. If I had a blog to direct you to in regards to him I would, unfortunately I do not, but I will try to keep you posted if you want. We love you all and are grateful to be surrounded by a multitude of incredible people, and like always Pray because it works.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is amazing. I will totally be praying for Eddie, as well as still for Xander and all of you.
    Thank you for sharing this story, also about Xander praying for the one-legged man, hearing of faith that strong at SUCH a young age is so inspirational and humbling.

    ReplyDelete