Sunday, March 28, 2010

Today was a good day

What a day, X woke up in a great mood, and the day followed that route. No meltdowns, no rudeness, no irritation, no screaming; only smiles, playing outside, catching bugs, joking, laughter and love. We are about to get ready for bed, or at least begin winding down; X just told me “Man it’s getting dark outside, I can’t wait to go nite-nite”. I am assuming that the reason he even made a statement like that is because of all of the activity he was involved in, running (or attempting to), tons of walking, crawling, non-stop talking, and being a normal 5 year old boy.


I too cannot wait to go to bed, it has been a long and exciting day for Xander; meaning a long day of trying to make sure he doesn’t get hurt, and making sure he doesn’t get hurt while making it not so obvious that I am doing that. I finally took a shower today the funny thing is I drove up here with only one set of clothes, and I am wearing those today. No deodorant, and no more new shirts means that Sarah is out right now looking for some deodorant and at least a new shirt since I have one more set of shorts.

If you follow us on face book you can see pictures of our outdoor adventure in the hospital courtyard. If not I am sorry, but I am unable to download photos here since our camera situation has not changed. I was planning on buying Sarah a new one when I drove back home, that was not possible since I had no idea how hard it would be to be a single parent. I have no idea how some of those single parents do it, work and take care of the kids, it wore me out.

Hopefully our journey here ends tomorrow, I am really going to push for us to go home. Thanks for your prayers, as evident by the type of days we have had since we let you all know what was going on, God has been faithful and they are working.

1 comment:

  1. We are thrilled for you that you are on your way home! So thankful that this day is finally here. Please know that, just because you are going home doesn't mean that the prayers will stop. We are committed to continuing to pray for your family. Can't wait to share your good news with so many others who have been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete