Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm glad I know Christ

It's been forever since my last Blog, sorry. What started as me taking a break so I could enjoy my family outside of the confines of a hospital turned into me not wanting to allow strangers, or even friends into the realness of our lives. I know, very unfair, but after living one way for 30 years, one does not change overnight. That is what the apology is for.

A lot has happened since the last post, too much for me to put into a few "Historical Blogs" as I like to call them. So hopefully I can sum them up in a few paragraphs and if you have any questions, you can ask. Although, I have a feeling that not many people read this anymore, which is okay by me. Who knows, maybe someone will run across this blog one day and it will be what they needed.

To date Xander has had 5 seizures, 5 too many when I look at it being a protective parent. When I look at it from the outside I say "Holy Crap, 5! That is awesome! Praise God!" and yes even as I look at it from my protective prospective I still praise God. I, like many parents, only want the best for my child.

The Twinkies have turned 3 and will be starting Pre-School, X had his first day of school on Monday (16th). It was a day of tears, even leading up to it, I would be remiss if I did not admit that I was teary eyed the night before he started school. Okay, truth be told I snuck up to his bed and slept by him till I woke up at 6am and started to get his clothes and breakfast ready.

Sarah and I are doing well, with the normal ups and downs of marriage. We try to constantly thank God for his grace and mercy in our lives and his faithfulness with Xander. We have had 3 birthdays, 4 really since one of them was the twins. The fundraiser was incredible, I wish I could get more into that, but for times sake that will have to do. I think I have a post saved on this Blogging thingy my Buddy Matt sent me. I may have to fire that bad boy up again and locate it.

One more thing that happened this summer was I had an artillery shell go off in my hand causing mostly 2nd degree burns and 2 very small areas of 3rd degree burns. I have lost some mobility, not much maybe 10%, and some feeling, which I was told would eventually come back in about a year or so. And no I was not holding it so I could throw it, a spark from lit firework lit it right where the fuse enters the firework. And yes, it was the worst physical pain I have felt to date.
My Dad had a TIA, it's kind of like a Mini-Stroke, about 2 months ago. I really think that had we not gone through our event with Xander, I would have been clueless as what to do. Because of our experience I was able to make the right decisions. Talk about scary, that man (my dad) has no idea what happened for a time span of about 12 hours. I was with him for about 7 of those, and I will NEVER forget. He is doing much better and now has my mom and me nagging him to live better and take his meds.

I have so much to write about, in regards to the last few months, but I am going to resist the urge and just go from today on after this post. One thing I will say about the last few months is, I am glad I know Christ.

Some may take that last statement as a "Crutch" statement, others may say "Amen Brother". Whatever your response is, that's what it is. For me, my communication with God was my anchor, my only connection with reality in time of calamity. He allowed me to keep calm when I should have panicked, led me to shelter in a storm, showed me what real love and friendship is in the place I would have never looked (OPD), and allowed me to watch my son walk to his first day of school. The list could go on and on, but I think you catch my drift.

More to come as the days go on.

1 comment:

  1. I've been checking for updates! :) We haven't forgotten about you and we're still praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete