Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Why All This?

Why all this? That's a pretty good question, one I asked myself over and over again. The answer? Because I can't shake it, as soon as all of this became serious about 10 months ago I have felt like doing something like this. It always helps me to write out how I feel, that's just the way I am. I continued to ignore this feeling until recently; mid-december I started a Facebook page for Xander, so people could keep up on his status. I am very protective over who his "friends" are because there are so many weirdos out there. It was, and still is good, but I needed more to keep my mind from going crazy. A few days ago Sarah found a family site that looked exactly like what I had been wanting to do. They were the Turner Family of Arizona and their daughter is going through something very very similar. They are a little further in this than we are, but it was very theraputic reading what they have gone through, so I decided to do it.

Their are a few reasons I like a site like this for our family. Reason #1, for this is, besides it being theraputic for me, is it is a good way for famliy and friends to keep up to date on what is going on. I can be way more specific on this than I can on facebook. Reason #2, It gives those who want to pray for specific prayer needs exactly that. I know of a few "Prayer Warriors" who love to be able to pray for specific things, and that's cool with me. We will take all the prayer, specific or not, we can take. Reason #3, If someone else can read these, and benefit from them as we have from the Turners, then Praise God.

The next few post will be more of a historical review of what has happened the past few months. Once we get those all out of the way, we will start posting all things current. There will be more specific things in these next post, and hopefully I will be able to provide website to anyone who has any questions, or is just interested in all of this. As far as questions go feel free to ask us, that's part of the reason this is here, whether we know each other or not. We really want to provide hope to any other families that may have to go through this or something similar.

Alright, so I hope this will help, or is informative to anyone who wants to know, and let it begin.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, I'm taking a break from Facebook, which is one reason I'm glad you are writing this blog. John and I can really want to stay informed about what is happening throughout this whole process. We love your family so much,and will continue praying for all of you. As long as you keep writing, we will keep reading. Thanks so much for sharing the "dad" perspective, and speaking for your family.

    ReplyDelete